International Space University and SEDS

From: brad beiter (bjb@purdue.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 19:12:10 MST

* SEDS-Chapters : Official SEDS-USA Communications to Chapters *
*      Please Forward This to Your Chapter if Appropriate      *

All,

I have been working with the International Space University for the last few
weeks in trying to create a partnership that will benefit both
organizations. We have worked out a pilot program to try this year.

About the ISU: At the International Space University, international experts
train and educate professionals to take the lead in the international space
arena.

Interdisciplinary diversity integrated into a coherent, structured whole in
a truly international, multicultural environment - the originality of ISU's
programs lies in this approach. The ISU campus is located in France, and it
is a Masters Program. For more go to : http://www.isunet.edu

Here is how it will work:

Each chapter will host a meeting featuring an ISU alumni that will give a
presentation, give a Q and A session, hand out applications, and pay 50$ to
the chapter for their time and for refreshments at the meeting.

There are ISU alumni all over the USA and the world. Each chapter will be
put in contact with the alumnus that lives closest to their university. We
will try to find an alumnus for each chapter we can.

SEDS-USA will be provided with a $5,000 scholarship from the ISU to give to
a SEDS member that is accepted into the ISU program. We may give it to one
person, or divide it up. We are still working on the details, but the money
is secured.

Please email me with questions, comments, and to get your chapter involved.

Brad Beiter
SEDS-USA Reviver
PU-SEDS Prez