YURIS NIGHT -*- THE WORLD SPACE PARTY -*- APRIL 12, 2001

From: Chris Lewicki (chrisl@seds.org)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 01:28:30 MST

* SEDS-discuss : Discussion of Anything SEDS or Space-Related *

[Hi SEDS members, I'm forwarding information about an event friends of mine
are organizing for April. I encourage you to participate and help spread the
word.  Thanks! -- Chris Lewicki]

Happy 2001, Spacers!  Wešre writing to let you know that Yuri's Night -- The
World Party for Space -- is ON!!!  And invite you, our beloved space friends
from around the world, to add to the Celebration!

12 April 2001 is the 40th anniversary of the flight of the first human to
touch the stars - Yuri Gagarin.  This holiday also falls on the 20th
anniversary of the Space Shuttle's first flight and during the magically
spacey year of 2001!

What better day to celebrate space and share our passion with those we love?
Yuri's Night is an organic, decentralized confederation of space parties
taking place on every continent.

The World Space Party is gaining momentum, and this email has all the info
you need to be a part of it!  There's lots of stuff so please read down to
get the full scoop.  And be sure to check out the web site,
www.yurisnight.net, to get the latest!

FUNDING RECEIVED
The big news is that the Altenklingen Foundation has just made a significant
donation to our cause.  The money will be used to:
- provide seed funding for Yuri's Night events,
- promote the party around the world, and
- commission new dance music for the event.

MONEY FOR YOU
*** We're making available small grants for YOUR event.  Let's get space
parties on EVERY continent!  If you think a modest amount of money could
make a difference for your space party, then write us an email with your
event idea, how you would use the money, and your location -- and we'll try
to help as many parties as we can. ***

NEW WEB PAGE
Trish Garner, ISU Alumni, has just finished a great redesign of the Yuri's
Night homepage (www.yurisnight.net).  It's now got a cool flash intro with
music and a clickable world map showing your Yuri's Night parties.  MS
Explorer works best.

OTHER NEWS
Here in LA we're working to throw a massive party that will rock the dance
underground to the stars.  Australia is getting organized and now folks in
Ireland, England, Austria, and Pakistan are starting plans too!

WHAT YOU CAN DO
There's still plenty of time to get your party going for Yuri's Night 2001!
12 April is three months away and with a bit of seed money we're going to
rock the planet into a space future.  Get in touch with us for questions or
advice or to tell us your plans.  (And if anyone else knows a generous donor
to make this event bigger, please let us know).  When you're ready, we'll be
there to post your event and anything else you want to tell the world!

GET YOUR OWN EMAIL
If you want an email that says, 'I like space, and I like to party,' then
sign up for a free @yurisnight.net email address!  Just write us your name
and the email address you want your mail forwarded to.  And we'll get right
on it!

(Please forward this message on to anyone you think might be interested.)

Take care all, happy 2001, stay safe and get ready to party!!

Love,

The Yuri's Night crew
Loretta   loretta@yurisnight.net, LA, U.N. Space Generation Forum
Trish     trish@yurisnight.net, Vancouver (British), ISU Alumni