(Pre) Announcing the SEDS Forums!

From: Chris Lewicki (chrisl@seds.org)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 17:47:45 MST

* SEDS-Presidents : Communications to all SEDS-USA Chapter Presidents *

Hi,
    A new service is being made available to the world-wide SEDS community,
and we want to give the chapter leadership the first opportunity to check it
out and become familiar with it.

    SEDS-USA is now sponsoring forums at http://forums.seds.org/

    These forums are for the discussion of SEDS-organizational issues, as
well as facilitate forums for every chapter in good standing.  We will also
soon be rolling out various forums on space-exploration-related topics,
pending your input.

    While we expect the configuration and layout of the forums to evolve
over time, we want to get this service available immediately and in use, so
we can receive feedback from the SEDS membership at large.

    Chapter leadership are encouraged to start discussions in their chapter
forum areas, and work with the forum moderators to further customize their
areas.  It is suggested that at least one chapter member request to become a
"moderator" of their chapter forum. Other options include requesting
additional sub-forums under each chapter.  These may include logical
divisions for your chapter such as projects, activities, or executive
functions.  We can also set up private forums for chapter leadership to have
private discussions.

    This is also a great way for you to advertise your presence to other
SEDS chapters or students looking for their nearest chapter. We recommend
you post your current chapter contact info and leadership info in a thread.

    Once you are comfortable with the forums, feel free to announce their
presence to your chapter membership.  We want to build a strong forum
community ASAP.

    Lastly, if you don't see your chapter listed, don't fret!  This just
means that we donšt have current info for your chapter. Fill out the
info-update form at http://www.seds.org/seds/forms/update-info.html and
we'll get you online right away!

    As always, we appreciate your suggestions and feedback to help us serve
you better.

-Chris Lewicki (SEDShead)
SEDS Alumni and Advisor at large

Ad Astra Per Ardua (To the Stars By Effort!)
-= SEDS Motto =-