Re: SEDS Alumni

From: Jeff Foust (jfoust@alum.mit.edu)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 09:00:55 MST

* SEDS-discuss : Discussion of Anything SEDS or Space-Related *

>     Jeff had expressed interest in getting together an alumni organization
> again recently, and maybe we ought to finally get around to that.

Regarding a SEDS alumni association: I sent out some feelers a few months
back to some people, including Chris and John, about reestablishing some
kind of alumni group.  The purpose of the group would be to not only help
SEDS alums keep in touch with each other but also to assist current SEDS
chapters and members in whatever ways were appropriate (alumni not only
remember how things worked -- or didn't work -- for SEDS projects in the
past but also today have contacts, resources, and even sometimes an odd
but useful thing called "money" :-).

Not much has happened in recent weeks about the alumni association, but
I'm interested in any feedback or interest both alums and current SEDS
members have in such an organization.  Feel free to drop me an email with
any questions, comments, or offers to help, and we'll see if we can finally
get this thing rolling.

Ad astra,
Jeff Foust
jfoust@alum.mit.edu
Caltech SEDS, 1989-93; MITSEDS, 1993-99
currently putting his Ph.D in planetary sciences to work as principal
engineer for a handheld/wireless devices startup...